Wednesday 30 March 2011

Leinster Senior Rugby Development Shield Semi-Final

Wexford C.B.S...........34
St. Brendan's, Bray.......0

This was a real test and no more than we expected. It was all hands on deck as St. Brendan's came at us with full force. Wexford took their best shots but stood firm. Playing against a strong breeze Wexford spent most of the half defending. There was heroic tackling from every player, The back row covered huge amounts of ground snuffing out attack after attack. The front 5 were strong at scrum time and rucked superbly. Having played without the ball for large portions of the first half, it was Wexford who almost crossed for the first try, but Marco Pons was held up inches short of the line.
Turning around at half time 0-0 was a real tonic for the team as we believed that playing in the opposition half was going to open doors for us. Some astute tactical kicking from out-half Colm O'Corcora got us in good field position, and quick ball from a ruck saw Dylan Joyce-Ahearne set Peter Furlong into the corner for the first score. 5-0 Wexford.
Again Wexford played the conditions and put huge pressure on the visitors defence, Ciaran Kavanagh scored twice, Collie Joyce-Ahearne and Marco Pons all had tries. The excellent ball carrying of Michael Maguire, Johnny Craciun, Mark Tackas and Marius Kraska pounded the opposition into submission.
Dylan Joyce-Ahearne added a conversion. The final nail was put in by Dylan Lawlor who stole through on a quick line-out to get the touchdown, Colm O'Corcora converted to bring up a handsome scoreline of 34-0.
The final now beckons and we are ready , whoever it may be!

Wexford C.B.S; Sean Ryan, Peter Furlong, Colm Browne, Rodger Duggan, Lee Harpur, Colm O'Corcora, Dylan Joyce-Ahearne, Ciaran Kavanagh, Dylan Lawlor, Michael Maguire, Marius Kraska, Johnny Craciun,
Collie Joyce-Ahearne, Mark Tackas, Marco Pons.
Subs; Vitalik Tsapchuk, James Roche, Kevin Phillips, Dean Keogh, Graham Kehoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment